WATER WENT IN THRU COLD AIR INTAKE AND ENGINE

2003 Ford Focus • 128,117 miles

Got caught under heavy rain and by accident went into a a deep puddle(more like a pool lol) so water went into my cone and also that hose connected to the top of my engine and white smoke came out, car did not turn, I just parked. What to do? Plz help.
Ash77777

Once everything else is dried out and the head lights and stuff like that work, if the engine doesn't crank, suspect "hydro-lock. Water in the cylinders can't compress like air can so the engine can't rotate. Remove the spark plugs, disable the fuel and ignition systems, then try to crank the engine. The pistons will push the water out through the spark plug holes. At that point, once the engine is spinning freely, (it will sound different than normal), put the spark plugs back in try to start it.

Most probably you need a new engine or have this rebuilt.

Ok went to start car, no problem, it did some hesitation and shake but worked. It has white smoke coming out(not as much as last night) should I remove the cold air intake, since water got into the tube? What would be the best maintenance I can do now? Thank u.

Ash77777
REmove the air hose and cold air intake and dry them out. That is all you need to do if the engine is running smoothly. Check for water contaminations to electrical components.

Try to run the engine till operating temperature to clear off any moisture.

Ok workin on what I was told last time, changing oil too but need to know if this is the right oil for this car.I got this oil, Motorcraft 5w-20 synthetic blend. Could I use this oil on my 2003 ford?

Ash77777
If the oil has not turned milky, it is not necessary to replace it as water is not present

Yes, that is the oil specified for this vehicle.

Ok, I put all to dry and took the batt out to remove the cold air intake, when I look inside where the air goes in it had small amount of water at the bottom, any trick to remove or just like a stick with a cloth? Also under the batt is the trans, but I would like to take off that excess of grease accumulated for years, whats the best choice? Thanks so much, you guys have saved my car. Thank you

Ash77777
You can buy Engine Degreaser in a spray can. I'm also familiar with the stuff Chrysler dealers use. I'm sure other dealers have similar stuff. It comes in 5 gallon pails, you put some in a spray bottle, and mist it on the grease. It does not work if you pour it on the grease; gotta be sprayed. Works faster too if the engine is still a little warm. After a few minutes you hose it off. Pressure washer is better if you have one.

If the engine is running, don't worry about a little water in the intake tube. You'll get the same thing from driving in the rain. It will get slowly drawn into the engine and go harmlessly out the tail pipe.