HELP FINDING ORFICE TUBE AND AC DRYER

2003 Ford Edge • 6 cylinder 2WD Automatic • 143,000 miles

Where is the orfice tube located on a 2003 ford ranger edge
Termaine

The receiver/dryer is usually a round silver/aluminum-colored device near the passenger side of the bulkhead between engine and passenger compartments. If you follow the outlet of this, you will find the orifice at the bulkhead.

Rivermikerat
Its the ac dryer the round device the has the inlet for feron. I think its the his side port.

Termaine
Are you sure about the info here? I don't see an Edge being produced until 2007

Wrenchtech
Oh, You're wondering how to charge the system, then. One will be between the compressor and receiver/dryer (high side) and one will be between the compressor and the condenser(low/suction side). They look like over-sized valve stems for tires.

Wrench, that would explain why I couldn't find it in Mitchell under '03: )

Rivermikerat
I was looking for the location of the tube if it even uses one. Makes it tuff when you're given the wrong info.

Wrenchtech
What do u mean bulkhead

Termaine
Im pretty sure its an ford ranger edge. Unless someone just throw a sticker on it. But its difintely a ranger with a v6 3.0 l

Termaine
A Ford Edge is an SUV. You have a Ranger.
The orifice tube is in the evaporator inlet and you have an accumulator, not a dryer which is attached to the evaporator.

Wrenchtech