FOUL ODOR WHEN A/C BLOWS

2009 Ford Edge

Air Conditioning problem
2009 Ford Edge 6 cyl Two Wheel Drive Automatic 40258 miles

I recently had to have the A/C repaired on my Edge.

Ever since the repair I am getting an odor similar to exhaust fumes every time the A/C is on.

The smell permeates my clothing and lingers in my hair. It is nauseating and is causing headaches.

This does not occur when the A/C is off, nor when the car is in idle mode with A/C running. Only when the car is in motion.

What could be causing this odor?
Cin_sph66

Hello cin_sph66

Carbon monoxide causes nausea and is causing headaches.
You might smell exhaust fumes, but you can’t smell or see carbon monoxide fumes (which are a component of exhaust). Carbon monoxide fumes mean your exhaust system is leaking. This can be very dangerous, especially during cold weather when the windows are closed, because carbon monoxide can make you dizzy or even overcome you before you realize what is happening. Have it checked and get it fixed before it's late.
The air is drawn to the passenger compartment and has nothing to do with the AC repairs.
Odor related to AC are like the one in men's locker room or a pair of dirty socks when you turn on the air conditioner

Mathiaso
I have a 2011 Ford Edge that has had chronic oil leaks. The dealership has removed or jacked up the engine to attempt a repair but failed. The car was do to go in for another attempt at fixing what is now a MAJOR oil leak, but on Friday, I was driving back to Phoenix from Sedona AZ whe I became light headed. I conciously knew I had to stop and attempted to exit at a rest area when I fell unconcious and had a terrible crash. I believe I was poisoned in the car and fear a leak as a result of major repair attempts etc. Has anyone else heard of such events with the Edge?

Ajscire
Was the repair an evaporator? If it was, there is a foam sealer surrounding the unit and that sealer is most likely the cause of the odor.

Take it back to the shop and have them resolve it.