I HAVE A HISSING NOISE COMIN FROM THE HYDRAULIC ASSIST FOR THE MASTER CYLINDER, POWER STEERING. THE MASTER CYLINDER IS BOLTED TO IT DRIVERSIDE AND THE POWER STEERING LINES COME THRU IT. THE NOISE STOPS WHEN I TURN THE STEERING OR TOUCH THE BRAKES. THIS IS

2003 Dodge Ram • 100,000 miles

Hissing noise. Dodge 2500 cummins manual trans 4x4. Noise is at master cylinder where it bolts to the assist from the power steering pump. When steering is wheel is moved the hissing stops or when the brake is applied. Is there a diaghram in that valve that is serviceable or is that valve just bad and has to be replaced?
Bikes7376

The noise is from a bypass valve that is part of the integrated pump the pressurizes the power steering and brakes.
It is common to have some hissing noises.
However, there is so much inter locked between the 2 systems, I am providing you with information on diagnosing each, noises diagnostics, diagrams, general desrptions of how they function together and how to repair the rare cases where there is a problems with a hissing noise.

Let me know if you have any questions or need any more information.
I will reply ASAP as I check posts for replies often.