HOW TO REPLACE APP SENSOR/PEDAL ASSEMBLY

2003 Chevrolet Tahoe • 200,000 miles

I need to replace the app sensor and pedal assembly (all one part) on a 5.3L 03 Tahoe Flex "Z" vin. The dealer wants 340 for the part, but I can find it online cheaper of course. I want to do it myself, but I didn't know if it is a DIY project. Also, I have to replace the throttle body at the same time, but I think I know how to do that one.
Mtbutts

It shouldnt be that hard to replace the pedal its all a matter of fitting under the dash.

Its really hard to belive the throttle body and pedal sensor failed at the same time.I would try to find a good low mileage used throttle body.

I don't think they failed either, but I keep getting error p1516, and the TAC module has been replaced (no fix). The mech is telling me they are normally replaced at the same time (TB and APP). I am going to do it myself, so I guess I could try one at a time. The throttle body is cheaper so I guess I could start with that, but I hate to replace it if it isn't the problem. He had it hooked to the scan tool and said there really wasn't any sign of an issue when the error occurred. He is just saying replace both and hope really.

Mtbutts
So is that the only code you have?

There is a bulletin I found for that code.

That is the only code, and there is no low voltage issues. I found the same TSB, but it doesn't go on to say what the diagnostic test for intermittent concerns consist of. I'm sure the mech has that info, and I assume followed those procedures (I hope). It is annoying because it only occurs in the morning. I'll start it fine, drive about 3 miles and it sets. If I restart 6 or 7 times it will allow me to drive again. Then after it sits for a little while, the check engine light goes off and it is good for the rest of the day.

Mtbutts
Why dont you make sure the grounds are clean and tight like the tsb says to check?

The G104 ground has been bypassed, the mech grounded the TAC to the battery. I can't get him to pay any attention to the G013 ground. I was able to get my hand on it, and it is connected. I couldn't get my arm in there enough to get a ratchet on it, and I don't know how to bypass it. Again, every time I mention it, he says if it were a ground wire then the bypass of G104 that he put it would mitigate it.

Mtbutts
The pedal sensor is held by 3 bolts and a wire connector. Easy replacement.

I agree to replace both at the same time as my experience is replacing one, the other goes bad in a very short period of time.

Be carefull of on line parts. I would make sure they are ac delco or gm only.

Heres the problem with the g104 will take care of g103 if there the same ground why is there two different grounds?