CHEVROLET SILVERADO ENGINE PROBLEM

2003 Chevrolet Silverado • 20,300 miles

Check engine light came on, scan said mas air flow sensor, replaced still ran reel bad with misfire's. Changed plugs still runs bad. Will not idle and runs rough?

Bobwheelerjr

Do you still have the maf sensor code? If so, unplug it, see if it runs any better.

No the p102 code is gone but p300 now there because of multp- misfires

Bobwheelerjr
I unpluged the old one before and still ran bad, that.S why I replaced it

Bobwheelerjr
I see, check for vacuum leaks around the throttle-body and intake manifold. What about your plug wires? Run the vehicle in the dark, raise the hood, do you see arch running anywhere? I'm not sure of engine litre size?

I've been having computer trouble. When you look at one of my posts, what do you see, to the left of, "answered by", I see a box with a red x and the word, "tiny". Thanks

First off it's 5.3, When I was coming back from up north from hunting it ran fine over 250mi. No issue's. Then it started to run bad after stopping at stop light. You know what else I already did, the throttle body was replaced last year. So now i.M leaning towards a vacume leak or pcm? Thanks for your help on this issue. (:

Bobwheelerjr
So here I am in cold garage, sprayed carb cleaner all around intake no change at all. Re-scan again get code for map sensor so replace it same thing! Po106, while it's sorta running pul coil connectors and #1-2-3-4-5 are dead no change in running so swap coil pack from a good hole and still dead! So are we looking at pcm or other area?

Bobwheelerjr
Did you check for primary voltage at the ignition coil? Pink wire goes hot with the key on.

http://postimage.org/image/522beg0q5/

Checked the voltage on coils and there hot w/key on

Bobwheelerjr
Use an led testlite between voltage and control wire, crank engine, is there a pulse? Check the grounds, also.

Could be a computer issue,but, if a coil or something caused computer to go bad, you have to fix it before installing a new computer.
Click on the link for wiring info.

http://postimage.org/image/y568b7ne3/

Page 1 of 3