SOMETIMES MY PU UPON STARTING -THE IDLE DROPS WAY DOWN & WANTS TO STALL. ANY IDEAS?

2003 Chevrolet S-10 • 44,000 miles

3 times in the last 2 weeks while starting my PU on the 3rd or 4th start of the day the idle drops way down & I have to work the gas & brake at stop signs to keep it running. It runs fine all other times & idles perfect No codes ever come up & it "heals" itself after a few take offs & stops!It's the 4.3 Vortec, 4WD, automatic.
Packerfan1

If there are no codes, take a look at your throttle plate, if it is real dirty take an old toothbrush and some air intake cleaner and clean the throttle plate and bore, see if that addresses the the idle issue. If it doesnt your going to have to take it to someone that has a scanner that has live data to see if anything is abnormal, paying close attention to the throttle position senosor or IAC valve.

PROTECH1980