CIGARETTE OUTLETS HAVE NO POWER

2003 Chevrolet Impala • 6 cylinder FWD Automatic • 165,000 miles

I have a 2003 chevy impala the cigarette outlets aren't getting power. I checked the connections behind the ash tray it's fine and I checked the fuse it looks good. How do I get power to my cigarette outlets
Red247man

Did you use a voltage tester at the applicable fuse/s? Even if the fuse is good, if no voltage on the circuit, it is dead. Note diagram below.

I have the same problem. The Aux light does not illuminate. I have no voltage at either the front console or rear console outlets. As illustrated in the schematic, does the 12volts enter at the top red line? Does F9 refer to a pin connection or fuse #9. Does the outlet actually have a switch inside?

Englishr
Piggy-backing an old post, gets me confused? Do you have the same year make and model? Does the cigar fuse have voltage?

Yes.
Same year, make and model. 2003 chevy Impala
The fuse has voltage.
I am trying to understand the schematic. Please advise. Thank you.
As illustrated in the schematic, does the 12volts enter at the top red line? Does F9 refer to a pin connection or fuse #9. Does the outlet actually have a switch inside?

Englishr
I believe F9 is just the circuit. Yes, red wire is hot all the time. The fuses in the diagram are located at the right instrument panel fuse block. Use a voltage tester, check for voltage at the fuse.

The outlet could be faulty, but, I'd check for voltage first. There is another fuse in the underhood fuse block, that you can check, if no voltage to the fuse in question.