CHEVY BRAKING SYSTEM

2003 Chevrolet Blazer • 6 cylinder 4WD Automatic • 21,000 miles

2003 Chevy Blazer 4x4_mileage: 21,000. The trouble I am having is with the braking system, the brake pedal goes to the floor when you step on the brake. To solve this problem I have replace front and rear brakes and the master cylinder I have checked the pin in the vacuum booster and bleed all the lines figuring the job was done. The brake pedal is firm when not starting vehicle, but when the vehicle is running it again goes to the floor. I am thinking of replacing the ABS unit. All lines going to the unit seem to be operable but I am not sure. There is no fluid coming out of the bleeder screws in the top of the unit. I know the abs wheel sensors are not working but I just had this vehicle certified like that in late November and all brakes were working fine at that time. They don't seem to be locking up properly when on a test drive. Maybe you can give me a suggestion. Thanks!
2CarPros-Archives

Sounds like you still have air in the brake system which power bleeding will probably correct. Check the rear-wheel cylinders as they may be letting air into the system when the parking brake is applied.

2CarPros-Archives