CHECK ENGINE LIGHT

2003 Chevrolet Avalanche • 111,500 miles

Just today the check engine light came on. Since I bought the truck, I had this light came on twice before and it has been caused by the emission control and been fixed by the dealer by changing sensors. Now this time it is happening again. I brought it to the dealer and now the service person is telling me that the diagnose is happening on the gas line sensor which is located inside the gas tank. I was told that they have to bring down the gas tank and replace the sensor. The cost is around $550 plus tax. I am located in Raleigh North Carolina. Tell me if the service dealer is telling me the truth. Note that during the past 2 occurrences, I only paid less than $300 including tax. Thank you
Brownneck

DOWN BELOW YOU HERE IN S.C.

IF YOU CAN'T DIY........AT LEAST SORTA MAYBE GET A 2ND, 3RD, 4TH OPINION!

HERE'S A PROVEN WAY TO FIND JUST THE RIGHT GUY!.......SEE MY LINK

http://www.2carpros.com/questions/2002-ford-expedition-transmission-help

RETURN WITH GOOD NEWS......

.......OR EVEN TO DISCUSS THIS MORE!

It's too bad I was not able to get a second opinion. Since I do not have another car to use to go to work, I drove it this morning to the dealership (where I bought if from more than 10 years ago) to have it repaired. Serviceman said it takes approx. 3 hours to fix it. Shuttle drove me to work and I will pick up my vehicle after work. I have to swallow the estimated outrageous cost, because I don't have any alternative. I need the vehicle to earn a living. Thanks for your time.

Brownneck
MAYBE NEXT TIME!