2002 Volkswagen Passat Repair Question
Volkswagen Passat Noise Problem
My car is a 1.6 petrol and i have 3 questions, really hope you can help:
1) When I am driving and going around a bend to the right I hear this continuos knocking/tapping noise that sounds like it coming from the front right of the car down low maybe? It doesnt do it when I am driving straight or turning to the left! Only when turning right. There are no bumps and it doesnt sound like a rubbing noise
2) The temprerature gauge on the dash stays at cold all the time! It may only move up a tiny little bit, and sometimes it doesnt move at all!!
3) When I first drive my car in the morning 2nd gear is very hard to get into. The rest of the gears seem ok!!! Then once I have been driving for twenty mins it seems to ease out and go into 2nd gear ok.
I hope you can help. I have only just bought the car and have 3 months warranty on it, but wanted you opinion before I brought it down.
Thanks a Million,
1) outer CV joint, have someone look for a broken boot, if boot is OK, check the CV on the side that you hear the noise coming from
2) replace the temperature sensor for the ECM/Dash (one sensor, feeds two items)
3) flush the gear oil and install new fluid, add an Additive / Treatment to help treat the gears / syncros (a shop should know what to add).
0 questions asked