VOLKSWAGEN PASSAT NOISE PROBLEM

2002 Volkswagen Passat • 157,000 miles

Hi,

My car is a 1.6 petrol and I have 3 questions, really hope you can help:

1) When I am driving and going around a bend to the right I hear this continuos knocking/tapping noise that sounds like it coming from the front right of the car down low maybe? It doesnt do it when I am driving straight or turning to the left! Only when turning right. There are no bumps and it doesnt sound like a rubbing noise

2) The temprerature gauge on the dash stays at cold all the time! It may only move up a tiny little bit, and sometimes it doesnt move at all!

3) When I first drive my car in the morning 2nd gear is very hard to get into. The rest of the gears seem ok! Then once I have been driving for twenty mins it seems to ease out and go into 2nd gear ok.

I hope you can help. I have only just bought the car and have 3 months warranty on it, but wanted you opinion before I brought it down.

Thanks a Million,

Ruth
Ruth84

1) outer CV joint, have someone look for a broken boot, if boot is OK, check the CV on the side that you hear the noise coming from

2) replace the temperature sensor for the ECM/Dash (one sensor, feeds two items)

3) flush the gear oil and install new fluid, add an Additive / Treatment to help treat the gears / syncros (a shop should know what to add).

Thomas

Exovcds