WILL ONLY START WITH STEERING WHEEL TILTED UP...

2002 Pontiac Sunfire • 100,000 miles

My car will only turn over and start once in awhile. That was the initial problem, I managed to find a way to start it everytime. With the steering in the center or low tilt it will only work everynow and then but the car will stall. Sometimes the lights will flicker on the dash or the headlights. With the wheel tilted up, there is no problems at all, starts as good as the day I got it. This tells me not fuel pump, spark plugs and of the obvious stuff. Anone with ignition knowledge or electrical knowledege, you help would be appriciated.
Jxone

Frayed wires in the tilt wheel hinge area. If that has a Pass Lock sensor, those wires are very thin and break easily.

I'm going to get in there today, thanks for the reply, just need to hear that what I'm trying to get at isnt way off. Thanks again.

Jxone
Loose connector that pulled tight when the steering wheel was tilted up. One 10 cent zap strap and cold fingers later and its good to go.

Jxone
Very happy to hear the fix was that simple. Was that a three-wire connector next to the ignition switch cylinder?

It actually turned out to be the bottom connector in the pic. There was a bit of play in it

Jxone