FAN, A/C, HEAT ISSUES.....

2002 Mitsubishi Eclipse • 174 miles

I changed the compressor on my 2002 mitsu. Eclipse gt. Once I started putting freon in the ac system iremoved the ac relay, I took two paperclips in place of the relay to turn on the compressor. The AC system cut completely off. So I cut off the car and turned it back on but now I have no heat, ac, or air. Nothing works. I also checked the relays and the wires they seem fine. Whats my problem and how do I fix it?
Deewooten20

What engine, they are wired diffeent. But check fuse 2-3 &4 in your underhood fuse box. You mayhave blownone. Also check under dash there are one or two there as well. You shouldn't jump switches unless you know what they do and are. It would have filled up anyhow without jumping the switch. You may have popped a high pressure switch as well but until you get it working and send what engine size it is, we can't really diagnose much.

3.0 v6

Deewooten20
Check fuses first

What next if the fuses or ok?

Deewooten20
So your saying that there are more fuses under my dash? Are you meaning by the driver door or really under the dash?

Deewooten20
You should not have jumpered the relay. Static pressure would get the compressor running. If you have not check the fuses, check them first and we come to others later if the fuses are good. Have you reinstalled the relay?

Yeah I have.

Deewooten20
Ok looking at the wiring harness you may have destroyed your a/c controller under the dash by jumping the relay as thee would be no protection doing that.

At left end of dash there is an underdash fuse box. Check fuse # 5 (7.5A) and # 19 (30 A. If they are good, you would have to perform testings to find out where it has gone wrong.

Since blower motor is not working, it might not be that bad as it is not connected to the A/C controller. I would suspect the fuses or the blower motor relay.