HYUNDAI SANTA FE FUEL PUMP PROBLEM

2002 Hyundai Santa Fe

I hit a curb and blew 2 tires. When the tow truck picked me up the car started so he could put in neutral and maneuver the tires. But when he dropped me off and unloaded the car it didnt start anymore. It sounds like its gonna start but never makes the transition from cranking to actually starting. Is there a kill switch that might be causing this?
Dochoa8

There's no kill switch on it -Review this walk thru link: http://www.2carpros.com/articles/car-cranks-but-wont-start

Have you check for spark and fuel/? Let me know

Was there an airbag activation? If yes then there might be a crash module that interrupts the ability to start the car, usually by deactivating the fuel pump.

Dr. Hagerty
I would think that if the tow operator was able to start the vehicle immediately following the impact, that there isn't anything impact-related causing it. But, Doc H. Makes a good suggestion: Make sure the fuel pump is receiving power. Or do a fuel pressure test at the fuel rail.

Rivermikerat