WHAT CAN CAUSE THE TRANSMISSION LIGHT TO FLASH AT LOW SPEED THEN IN OVERDRIVE? BUT GOES OUT DURING NORMAL DRIVE SPEED TILL U SLOW DOWN?

2002 Ford Taurus • 175,000 miles

Starting car, putting in drive, light flashes at low speed then goes out till u go to stop at a light or stop sign. Then it comes back on, I also noticed it came on when the tranny shifted into overdrive till it kicked down out of overdrive then stops flashing when driving normal till you go to come to a stop. Yet no codes show when ODM2 is done. What could cause this and will it do damage driving it this way?
Daddysgirl

Could be a sticking shift solenoid-You need to have the computer scanned and monitored for code/s

We did that and the only code that showed was for the cam shaft sensor and we changed that and it still does it. Could it happen if things aren't torqued down to the proper specs?

Daddysgirl
The camshaft sensor has nothing to do is to how the transmission operates-get the TCM scannned for code/s

Took it to the garage today and they couldn't find anything that would cause the light to flash either and it didn't throw any codes. But he did tell me that my wheelbearings were going. Also sitting at a redlight the locks started to unlock n lock while the door ajar light flashed on n off making the interior light come on n off as well. So I am thinking that it is short in the wiring somewhere. So we are gonna clean all the connectors and replug them in, change out the wheelbearings and retorqe everything and hope that solves the issue. If that doesn't fix it then I don't know what it could be.

Daddysgirl