V6 3L - 4&6CYL MISFIRE. I CHECK : FUEL PRESSURE (OK), COMRESSION (OK), COILS (OK), SPARK PLUGS (NEW), INJECTORS(OK) BUT I DON'T NOW IF IS SYGNAL FROM COMPUTER. CATALYTYC CONVERTER ON THIS SIDE IS MELTED INSIDE. ONLY 304 & 306 CODES IN MEM

2002 Ford Escape • 190,000 miles

2 years ago same side cyl. Misfire and cat was melted. I put new cat and new coils / plugs.
Slyk

Are the plugs getting spark?

Rivermikerat
Yes I have sparks.

Slyk
How did you check fuel pressure and the injectors?

Rivermikerat
I rent fuel pressure test kit - with engine off and running was 65psi. I don't now if fuel pressure regulator is good - no change when I disconnect vacuume hose. When pressure was on I check each injector for (spray) by two wires + & -. They was working (no leaking).

Slyk
Are the injectors being pulsed when you try and start the engine? Will it start if yo spray carb cleaner in the intake?

Rivermikerat
I have no problem to start engine but is not working on 4 & 6 cyl. - Is shaking.

Slyk
Disconnect the fuel injector harness and measure the resistance of #s 4 and 6. See attached for specification.

Rivermikerat
I would also check compression and make sure the injectors are being pulsed.

Rivermikerat
Resistance is OK, I check all 6. Compression is 195-205 at all 6 cyl.

Slyk
Can you move the individual injectors around? Like put #3 into #4, and #5 into #6, and vice versa. See if the problem follows the injectors. What about plug wire impedance?

If I recall this has a distributor. What does it look like? What about the cap?

Rivermikerat
Page 1 of 4