HOW TO REPLACE AN UPPER CONTROL ARM ON A .
2002 Dodge Stratus • 124,000 miles
Can't remove the bolts for the control arm because of the strut. Dose the strut have to be removed or is there a way around that?
January 4, 2012.
January 4, 2012.
1. Remove the front shock assembly from the vehicle. (Refer to SHOCK ASSEMBLY).
2. Disassemble the shock assembly until the upper (shock absorber/upper control arm) mounting bracket is removed from the coil spring. (Refer to DISASSEMBLY SHOCK ASSEMBLY).
3. Remove the 2 bolts attaching the upper control arm bushings in the upper mounting bracket. (Fig. 80).
Fig. 80: Removing Upper Control Arm To Mounting Bracket Attachment Bolts
Courtesy of DAIMLERCHRYSLER CORP.
4. Remove the upper control arm from the mounting bracket.
1. Install the upper control arm on the upper (shock absorber/upper control arm) mounting bracket.
2. Install the 2 bolts attaching the upper control arm to the bushings in the mounting bracket (Fig. 80). The bolts must be installed from center, so the heads are toward the coil spring when it is installed. The bolts
MUST be installed so the head of the bolt will be toward the coil spring when the mounting bracket is installed on shock absorber (Fig. 80) .
CAUTION: For clearance reasons the control arm mounting bolts must be installed from center, so the heads are toward the coil spring when it is installed.
Otherwise the bolts may rub the coil spring, damaging it.
reinstall at a 90 degree angle and torque to 90 NM (66 ft lbs.)
I have the brake warning light ON on the dash, and the ABS light does not work at all, even when I switch to ignite. I also have noticed that the ABS is not working in hard braking.
12 answers • 1999 Jeep Grand Cherokee • 161,000 miles
I have a 1999 jimmy 4.3L 4x4. I had all the brakes and rotors replaced 4 months ago and now the ABS light comes on and activates at low speeds. Father in law driving it and went to park...
2 answers • 1999 GMC Jimmy • 110,000 miles
1994 Honda Civic EX w/ABS.After replacing brake pads, MC (bench bled) and Booster, brake pedal has good steady pressure until the engine is started, then pedal goes to the floor.Brakes ...
4 answers • 1994 Honda Civic • 250,000 miles
My 1997 Olds Cutlass Suprme with 4 wheel disc brake has the ABS light glowing. It makes a clicking noise when the brake is applied when the ABS light is out. Then the light glows and ...
2 answers • 1997 Oldsmobile Cutlass • 146,800 miles