MY VAN HAS RECENTLY STARTED TO JUMP WHEN DECELERATING. IS THIS A TRANSMISSION PROBLEM?

2002 Chrysler Town and Country • 69,000 miles

It happens when the car has accelerated to over 35-40 mph hour and then back down to 30mph. If I shift into neutral to slow down, it does not jump, but I am afraid of hurting the transmission even worse.

The car was in an accident about 4 months ago, mostly aesthetic and the car ran well other that the struts feeling off. I have noticed some transmission fluid leaking too, when I checked, it was a little low so I filled it with the recommend fluid and the fluid level seems to be holding, but I still see the leaking.

Any assistance is appreciated.
Kkiviranta

Hard to interpret what jump means. There is a condition of hard down shifting that can happen but that usually is called a***** not a jump? But maybe its not the transmission at all. A bad motor or trans mount are some other possibilities.

Fixitmr
Another way I have heard it described is a hiccup. Basically it feels like you hit a small hole or bump in the road, but that it does it consistently when I have gone over 35-40 and when the car is downshifting to 30mph. It also does it every once in awhile when it downshifts to first gear, but this one is always barley noticeable. Is there any troubleshooting I can do to narrow down the possibilities?

Kkiviranta