PLEASE HELP! WON'T START!

2002 Chevrolet Impala • 146,000 miles

So I just bought the car and now when I go to start it, the battery and security lights flash. All of the interior lights come on along with the radio. When it happened, I was at a restaurant that, luckily, a friend of mine worked at. She helped me jump my car but nothing happened. So frustrating! I had it towed to my apartment because I didn't and still don't have the money to fix it. I keep hearing/reading it's a security flaw. How can my boyfriend fix this problem? I tried putting the key in the on position until the security light stopped flashing but it never did. I've read several different solutions involving the bcm but I wanna hear it from a pro before we do anything. Please help! Oh, by the way, when I called a Chevy dealership to explain the problem, she kept telling me it couldn't possibly be the security flaw I've been reading about. That it's either the starter or battery. Pshaaa!
Emmy83

Try this. Trun the key to start and let it come back to the on position. The security light will be on. Leave it there till the security light goes out. It could take up to 10 minutes. Do this 3 times. After the third time, it should start. If not then there is another issue.

Ok what if we do that and after about 25 30 mins it starts dinging and all of the panel lights come on? Does that mean it's reseting itself?

Emmy83
No, what happened to the security light?

It's still coming on after the battery light. Help me, Roy! This is crazy!

Emmy83
Did you follow the procedure and did the light go out? Forget about the battery light till you get it to start

The security light never went off. I did it twice and only twice because the freaking battery died in the process! I'm almost resigned to have it towed to the dealership for the diagnostic alone. My friend Todd, who's a mechanic, told me to have it jumped and hit the starter with some kind of bar to see if it's sticking. I feel like this is the craziest thing I've heard thus far. Eh. I hate this car. More than you could ever know. I think you might need to make a trip to Denver.

Emmy83