CHEVY ENABLED PASSLOCK SECURITY SYSTEM

2001 Chevrolet Impala

Computer problem
2001 Chevy Impala 6 cyl Front Wheel Drive Automatic 103997 miles

I cannot start my vehicle because the security will not disable. What can I do to disable the security system and use my car
Mz_jay2001

30 Minute Learn Procedure
Tools Required
None

Turn ON the ignition, with the engine OFF.
Attempt to start the engine, then release the key to ON (vehicle will not start).
Observe the SECURITY telltale, after approximately 10 minutes the telltale will turn OFF.
Turn OFF the ignition, and wait 5 seconds.
Repeat steps 1 through 4 two more times for a total of 3 cycles/30 minutes (the vehicle is now ready to relearn the Passlock√ Sensor Data Code and/or passwords on the next ignition switch transition from OFF to CRANK).
Important: The vehicle learns the Passlock√ Sensor Data Code and/or password on the next ignition switch transition from OFF to CRANK. You must turn the ignition OFF before attempting to start the vehicle.

Start the engine (the vehicle has now learned the Passlock√ Sensor Data Code and/or password).
With a scan tool, clear any DTCs if needed (history DTCs will self clear after 100 ignition cycles).

Dennyp