MILES IN THE LAST FOUR YEARS . THE BATTERY DIED AND WAS REPLACED AT A CADDY REPAIR SHOP.THE CHECK ENGINE LITE CAME ON WHEN I BROUGHT THE CAR IN FOR AN INSPECTION, THEY REPLACED A O2 SENSER AND TOLD ME TO DRIVE THE CAR . I HAVE NOW DRIVEN THIS CAR OVER 400

2002 Cadillac El Dorado • 48,000 miles

Car will not pass NY.S inspection, 4000 mile driven in the last 4 yrs. Battery was replaced 2 yrs. Ago. New battery was recharged and has not been a problem, no check engine lite was on when I brought it in --- the lite came on and they replaced an O2 sensor, but did not pass inspection. The check engine lite was not on. I was told to drive the car -- I have now driven 400 miles, taken the car back every 100 mile to have checked -- and am being told to keep driving the car. The reggy is now up and I cannot continue to drive in circles.
Jim28k

You need a new shop that can perform a drive cycle for you to set the monitors. Telling a customer to drive the car is the wrong thing to do. It is a very specific way of driving to set the monitors.