BUICK RENDEZVOUS ABS PROBLEM

2002 Buick Rendezvous • 120,000 miles

Abs and trac light is on not have codes on it

Did you just use a diyer scan tool to check for codes?If so they only read engine and transmission codes not abs or traction control codes.

There will be no codes. Yheres a frayed wire on your wheel speed sensor abs sensor wire located on front driver side.

Dmillz
That's amazing knowing that without seeing the vechile or knowing the codes lol.

Its not amazing had exact same problem and I checked the wiring for wheel speeed sensor and abs and volia bad wiring. Lol im no phycic

Dmillz
I was just saying not every problem is cookie cutter fixes and problems just because yours had the problem doesn't mean there's is. But thanks for the tip though could help other users in the future. Speed sensors go bad etc. Also if you use a diyer scan tool you won't see any codes. To read the abs codes you would need a professional scan tool. The abs light comes on when it detects a failure then sets a code in the abs computer and disable the abs system.

Yes your correct in saying just because yours had the problem doesn't mean there's is and I should of worded it better, and as far as the abs codes you would need a professional scan tool that is also correct but I was mainly trying to say that to check the wiring is cheaper and easier than opting out for the latter.I try and word diffrently.

Dmillz
No problem I just try to make sure people get the correct info on here. Thank you so much for sharing your tip with us.