WHERE IS CIRCUIT BREAKER OR FUSE FOR POWER WINDOWS

2001 Toyota Rav4 • 12,000 miles

A friend of mine has a Rav4 and the driver's window wouldn't go up.

I thought it might be a poor switch connection, or at least I could power the wire to the window motor to make it go up.

I took out master switch assembly, took it apart, saw the circuit board, and figured it wasn't fixable.

I then thought I would jump from the hot lead to various pins on the plug until I got the one for the drivers window.

I found the hot lead, and was touching it from one plug on the switch plug to another to see if I could put the window up.
I found power on the second row from the right and when I put it to the top left I heard a pop like a fuse blowing from under the dash.

Now none of the windows work : (, but the power door locks do.

I looked online and various boards say there is a circuit breaker, a fuse, or something but no info on where it is.

I did find a 40 amp relay/fuse in the compartment behind the panel by your left knee that was blown, but replacing that didn't make a difference.

What might have tripped or blown and where is it, so I can get the windows working again?

Thank you
Srbz

The 40 is it but you may have damaged the master switch byond working now. Re check for power to the connector.

The master switch was out and not connected when I tried to jump the pins on the harness plug.
I'll check power to the harness connector and report back

Srbz
I got a used master switch.

Installed. That did not work.

There is 12v at the 40 amp fuse.(The top right relay/fuse in the fuse panel behind the door by your left knee.)

Checked for power at harness.
I tested between the two pins that caused the short; the top left and second from the right. Orientation with the locking area up and the two rows of pins.
There was 300 mV. That was the most voltage between any two pins.

So it seems like there is some voltage but not enough.

What next?

Srbz
Ok, we needs to get 12 volts there. You said the 40 was hot in the box. Did you check both sides of that fuse for 12 volts?