DO I NEED TO REPLACE DOOR LOCK ACTUATOR?

2001 Saturn SL2 • 126,500 miles

The "lock" button on the driver's side front door now stays depressed and engaged when pressed instead of returning to it's position. I am able to disengage it by lightly touching the "unlock" button just above it and the door will stay locked. Using key entry instead of the remote for now and some times entry by key will activate the problem too. This all started when I was using the remote to unlock the car passenger door. Takes 2 clicks. Then it sounded like all 4 door actuators were running at the same time without stopping until I opened the drivers door and pressed the "unlock" button. That's when I noticed something was "off" regarding the door lock.
Mktcole

It could be the actuator is bad or something has gone out of adjustment. You would need to remove the door panel to check.

Open it up and investigate what's causing it to stick

Just to add to this one from what your saying your door lock switch on the door panel is worn out causing the door lock actuators to keep running. Really common on those cars replace the switch and it most likely will solve all your problems.

Thank you! Replacing the door switch did solve the problem. Was easy to do too.

Mktcole
Your welcome thats what were here for I have replaced a ton of those switches. When they go bad they keep the actuators running causing them to overheat and become inop. Glad to hear you got it fixed. Remember were always here for you.