OVER HEATING ISSUES AFTER A FEW REPAIRS

2001 Rover 75 • 99,500 miles

Hello, pls I have overheating issues with my Rover 75. I'm thinking of replacing the whole engine with a honda or toyota engine. Is this possible?
Izykvision

Nope, manufacturer specific. You will be limited to whatever options were available from rover.

Pls what do u advise me to do? Will a total engine change with another Rover 75 engine solve the problem. Pls will appreciate your detailed response. Thanks a lot.

Izykvision
Are you sure the motor is bad? Did you have a leak down test done to confirm?

The head gasket was bad. That was replaced and after that the oil turned milky again. White smoke comes out at d back. Suspect a cylinder head crack. The thermostat was also removed. Pls note dis fault was noticed in d UK.I shipped the car that way to Nigeria, thinking it will be an easy fix as I had d intention of changing the engine to that of a honda ivtec or toyota camry 2.0. Ive also been advised to change d radiator to double cell as its now in a hot region. Pls ur expert advise on this is highly valued. Thanks

Izykvision
First, put the thermostat back in. That alone will damage the motor.

I agree with the cracked head.