CAR JUDDERS WHEN BRAKING

2001 Rover 75 • FWD Manual • 110,000 miles

When I start braking, everything is normal but towards the end of it, a juddering sensation gets through the pedal and cloncking noises start. My mechanic cannot find a problem, the MOT test has not detected any problems either. The car has got new brake pads at the front, new suspension springs. The discs have been checked and are fine. Can you help indentify what is wrong, I feel unsafe driving my car now.
J. Rose

Do you mran the anti lock is activating? If yes have the hub bearings inspected. Even a small amount of play will throw off the abs.

Merlin2021
Yes, you are absolutely right! We found the problem in the end, some dust and a very small piece of metal managed to get in the bearing and was stuck on the magnetic band and it was triggering the ABS. It just needed cleaning and after being put back, my car works perfectly again. Thanks for the time you have taken to answer!

J. Rose
U r welcome!

Merlin2021