HESITATION

2001 Pontiac Aztek • 6 cylinder FWD Automatic • 240,000 miles

Any idea why my 2001 aztek would be hesitating when I slow down and go accelerate again? Because it's fine when I come to a complete stop and then take off it only happens on a basically a rolling stop.
Clarence1

Is the engine hesitating or is it the transmission downshifting?

Wrenchtech
No it's hesitating all most like it's going to stall out then it picks up again, but it only seems to me that it does this when the engine gets hot, I had it out today and it did not do it but I was not out long enough for it to worm up. I was also wondering if a bad body control module would cause this to happen or not, because I do know I have to get that replaced as I already checked in it to all the internal electrical problems such as the rear hatch the instrument panel lights, A/C, all do not work, also most of the warning lights in dash turn on and off and some stay on all the time.

Clarence1
http://www.2carpros.com/articles/engine-hesitates

Could be one of the following below -check and test:

Oxygen sensors.
Catalytic converter.
Fuel injectors dirty/sticking.
Mass airflow sensor/Airflow meter.
Throttle position sensor.
Manifold absolute pressure sensor.
EGR Valve
Fuel pressure regulator leaking or defective fuel pump.
Fuel contamination.
Foul/defective spark plugs.
Open spark plug wires.
Ignition coil/Coil packs defective.
Incorrect ignition timing.
Cap and rotor.

Note:If it doesn't apply disregard.

Ok thanks, I had already thought about it being fiew of the things that you had mentioned but I just wanted to get a second opinion, I will surtenly do my home work on this one and I will let you know how I make out thanks again for your thoughts guys.

Clarence1
Keep us posted