DISTRIBUTOR

2001 Nissan Altima • Automatic •

I recently purchase a new distributor for my 2001 altima a mechanic wants to charged $95 just to replace it but it just two bolts to unscrew and then put in back in So I was wondering can someone make a guide or help me with installation procedures to replace my old distributor I would like to what tools are need and cost and etc.
Mrmike954

Before you replace it-make a mark on the old distributor base to the block and also where the rotor is pointing to the distributor housing use this as reference when installing the new one-

It's only a half a hour labor to replace the distributor so 95 is too high I doubt the shop labor rate is 190 per hr if it is there really high.I would get a second estimate it will cost you more then a half an hr labor rate to replace it yourself you would have to get a wrenches to replace the distributor then a timing light. So get a second estimate now that you know it's only a half hr labor shop labor rate including setting the timing.

I agree, most shops charge about 75.00 to 100.00. An hour for labor so, yeah, its a little too much, shops usually make their money on the part markup(charging three times as much for the part). So they are trying to make some additional money obviously.

Legitimate007
Hi, the distributor is not hard to do at all. Tools, all you need is a 10mm socket. The most important thing is to put the new one in the same way the old one comes out. Put some marks on the housing area and the old one, match marks on the old one once it is out to where they need to be on the new one. Oh, and there are four bolts to loosen, two on top and two on the sides.

Good Luck To You
02/02/2014 @20: 00 p/m

Mr_Hall412