2001 Mitsubishi Galant

Hello Jacobandnickolas
i trying to answer :
http://www.2carpros.com/questions/2001-mitsubishi-galant-overheating
with no luck , here is my answer , waiting your reply
so what i should do ?
please note i changed the fans and the fan contoler
another thing when i remove the coolant sensor plug i getting check engine light on the dashboard and the high speed come so i think this can tell me i have no issue with Fans , contoler and relay
and as with AC they working fine this give me an extra point to tell me the fans and controler are ok and the AC relay as well
yes as you say i tested the voltage and i got aroung 6 volt power so were exactly my issue ? where i can find this resistance and how i can replace
appreciate your help and many thanks in advance
Ilffer2003

First, I'm sorry I didn't get back to you sooner. I never received your reply. Another tech sent it to me.

As far as the issue, have you replaced the temp sensor? To be honest, the check engine light should come on and the system goes into a closed loop. Basically, the fan should kick on.

At this point, if the sensor has been replaced, my next check would be the ECM. It is what sends power to the fans via the electrical system.

Hi
yes I have replaced it, 2 times I replaced it with the same issue : (
as my tech here he told me the reached power to fans is 6v
i dont know how the fans are working but if I have a bad relay or fuse the fans will not work at all or maybe work on low speed
to be honest I replaced the relay but I didnt replace the fues (50amp)

Ilffer2003
Hi
i dont know why I cant see my reply, maybe you have issue with the site
anyway yes I replaced the coolant sensor 2 times with no luck : (
do you think I have an issue with fan fuse ( 50 amp )
i dont know how fans working but if the high speed only working via the relay maybe I have fuse issue
but if all speeds working via this relay I dont think so I have an issue as they working file with low speed

Ilffer2003
How I can test ECU
and when I remove the coolant sensor the fans working as expected so do you think I have an issue with ECU?

Ilffer2003
The coolant temp sensor you replaced was it on the thermostat housing or somewhere else?If somewhere else where was it?Also what were the colors of the wires going to it?

Yes this sensor beside thermostat and when I remove the plug of this sensor the fan high speed comes

Ilffer2003
So the gauge shows the temp over heating but the fan never actually reaches high speed?What we really need to do is get a scanner that shows live data and we can watch what the ecm reads for temperture. That way we can see whats going on with the ecm etc. Also how did you test the wires and conector to the coolant temp sensor?

From where I can do this scaning?
To be honest I didnt test the wire, I just replace the relay as I cave one relay for fans and another relay for AC and fuse for fans and I was planing to change this fuse - it seems will be useless -

Ilffer2003
The scaning would be from the obd2 connector on the drivers side where you hook it up for codes. You would need a scan tool that read live engine data to see the coolant temp. Jacobandnicolas told me you checked the wiring and connector what are the colors to the connector?

Ok but the fisrt thing I think testing wire will not add any value to me as when I turn on the AC everything is ok and if I remove the sensor plug fans working fine as well this give us a hint say you dont have any issue with the wires
what do you think

Ilffer2003