I HAVE A CRAPPY OPTI AND MY LEFT FRONT SPEAKER DOES NOT WORK. I KNOW IT IS DUE TO SOMETHING WRONG WITH THE WIRING SO HOW WOULD I GO ABOUT FIXING IT? THANKS

2001 Kia Optima • 100,000 miles

My right front speaker works so I already tried switching it out for the left-front to see if it was the speaker and not the wiring and it still didnt work. My left-front speaker does have a tweeter and I can still hear sound from it but I think it might be blown but nevertheless I can hear sound from it, I cannot hear any sound at all from the actual speaker itself. I checked all the fuses and they are all fine. Its only the left-front speaker that doesnt work.
Dluck1993

Could be a problem with the built-in amplifier

Built-in amp? I put in a new head unit and also put in 4 new speakers, its just annoying that my driver side speaker doesnt work.

Dluck1993
Just to add to this one do you have a factory amp if you do it will be at right front of the trunk?Or a aftermarket amp?

I am assuming that I have a factory amp? Because I did not put in an aftermarket one. Hmmm, didnt know that the factory amp is located there. Just to be clear, all I did with the sound system was 1) Put in a new head unit and 2) Put in new coaxial speakers. The problem with the left-front speaker occured both during factory and aftermarket stereo play. Thanks

Dluck1993
So was there an amp where I said?Let me know so I can help you further.

You said at the right front of the trunk? I took off both wheel covers in the trunk and didnt find anything. Im not sure from which direction you mean "right-front". Does that mean when you are facing the trunk? But I did find some wires on the left-front of the trunk (same side as antenna) but I couldnt see what the harness was plugged into. It seems like the harder I try to do something with this car, the harder it fights back.

Dluck1993
It would be on the passenger side towards the rear seat.

Hmmm, ok I will check again. Is it very big or would it be easily missed?

Dluck1993
Iam not sure of the size but let me know so we can go onto checking the speaker wires.

I looked everywhere on that side and even on the other side and I did not find anything.

Dluck1993
Page 1 of 3