CHECK ENGINE LIGHT ON WHEN USED ON HIGHWAY. FROM A BROKE GIRL THAT HAS NO IDEA ABOUT CARS.

2001 Hyundai Tiburon • 90,000 miles

I have a problem with my 01' hyundai tiburon. It has had the check engine light on for a while and I've tried to get it fixed. Since I dont know anything about cars, I got screwed over moneywise and the issue was never resolved by the 4 mechanics that I went to. I even got a new used transmission and had it put in and it didn't shut off. The car jerks when I try to accelerate from a slow speed; like its shifting gears but it's an automatic. I got coils replaced, a new battery, and I even used super gasoline when I got the transmission. None of it worked. I noticed that the light shuts off if I drive slow for a couple of days but turns back on on the highway. Oh yeah, I have a code reader and it reads all misfire codes for all cylinders including the multiple misfire code and that is it. Any idea what could be wrong with it? I also got the exhaust manifold replaced and that did nothing too.
Snwbrdr12

This will proberbly be a tune related issue, I would start with doing a full tune up and see how that helps, multiple misfire can often be a coil problem.

Mhpautos
Get a scan done to retrieve the trouble codes for the Check Engine Light indicating. Post the EXACT code here and we shall see what needs to be done.

Most parts stores provides free scanning services.

What I also meant to say is that the air bag light is on too. Just in case if you think it's an electrical thing. But the codes P0300, P0301, P0302, P0304 with Mod $17 next to them pulls up. Guess 303 is fine? But like I said all misfire codes. Any idea? Look at my post above to see all of the repairs I have made already. I just can't afford a new car at all so it's either this car or a bike.

Snwbrdr12
You definitely got screwed and the mechanics you went to are not worth a second glance.

What has engine misfiring got to do with the transmission? For vehicle diagnostics, engine performance trouble codes takes precedencse over all others and should be rectified first.

Have you checked the timing belt? It could have skipped a tooth.
Were the fuel pressure tested?
How about the spark plugs?
Get a compression test done as well.