FORD TAURUS HORN PROBLEM

2001 Ford Taurus • 127,000 miles

Alright here's my question. I have a 2001 ford taurus Se and it's my wife's car and her horn does not work it's not the fuse not the relay the owner of the car that had it before us replaced some items on it I've already replaced the alternator and the serpintine belt cuz the one they had on it was 2 inches too big we have no idea how they got it on because when we put it back on it was loose the horn is located under the driver side fender and the moron mechanic cut the wires and let them just hang there I was wondering if y'all have a diagram of some sort for it

I would look in and around the area where the wires were cut for the other end of them. Before any diagnostic can be performed you need to make sure the circuit it intact

on the belt being too long. Triple check it is routed properly

Ma av
Well the belt works perfectly. Like I said we replaced it when we did the alternator it's put together like it should be its the right size and runs perfect

Williamgarretson
Let me know if you are able to find the other end for horn wires

Ma av
Will do. Was just wondering if y'all had any diagrams for it. Was wondering if I'd have to take off the whole front end just to get to it because when I looked at it yesterday I saw it from underneath by the front driver side fender could remove the plastic by the wheel well and the plastic bottom to get to it or just take the cowl off and the bumper

Williamgarretson
With cruise control and without

the procedure for removing says disconnect the electrical connector and remove a bolt and both hi and lo horns should come out as an assembly

if this helps a donation to the site is appreciated if it doesnt help then lemme know

Ma av
Eh I'm sorry man I know the diagram I was looking for an answer to the other question but that kinda helps

Williamgarretson
Lost ya in computer world. So whats the question?

Ma av
Lol it happens. Y'all get millions of questions to answer. My question was if I had to take the whole front end off to get to it or do what I think I'd be able to do and just take off the bottom plastic piece and the plastic wheel well

Williamgarretson
Just disconnect electrical and remove a single bolt. Maybe hook a test light up to the cut wire on harness side of horn circuit and press horn button and see if it lights up or go aftermarket no sense in removing if we havent tested it first. Horns rarely go bad(rarely but they do) id make sure the wiring is ok

Ma av
Well horn wiring is good horn works sounds like crap because it only has the high pitch but its got connectors on so it'll do for now until I get the other

Williamgarretson