WHY IS GETTING HIGH THE ENGINE TEMPERATURE ON SPEEDS ABOVE 100 KM/H ?

2001 Ford Focus

Hi I have a Ford Focus 2001 /1.6 (Automatic, Zetec SE) and I have noticed that in the last couple of days on the highway if I push it over 100 km/h the engine temperature is rising suddenly to maximum. If I drop the speed below 100 km/h the temp. Is dropping back to the safe zone.
I should mention that the cooling liquid is on the normal level, but I did find it one time on minimum (the first time when this rising temp occurred).
And I had changed the engine oil 1 month ago I am using now Castrol 5w30 A1
I am wondering is it the cooling system pipes (probably stacked somewhere ) or maybe the new oil I am using causes the overheating or the Thermostat sensor (temp sensor)
I live in Cyprus (35-40 degrees Celsius)
Thank you in advance.
Alex
Alex Gheorghe

You need to first pressure test the cooling system for any leaks and resolve those. If it is determined that it doesn't have any air pockets in the system, then I would look for a restricted radiator.

Wrenchtech