FUEL PRESSURE GO OVER RECOMMENDED PRESURE ON A 2500 5.9L GAS

2001 Dodge Ram • 13,000 miles

Run five miles loses engine power starts back fireing out the throttle body
Mbjohnson

The regulator is bad.

I replaced the fuel filter regulator. You think it was a bad one. Is there a way I can test it. I have changed everything but the fuel pump trying to getthis truck to run. It say when installing the regulator to put it in the same position I did. It ran for maybe ten miles then started back.

Mbjohnson
How high is the pressure? And yes, you may have gotten a bad one. That is what regulates the pressure.

The recommended presure is 42 it goes to ninety something

Mbjohnson
Okay, that isn't good. I has to be a bad reguator. Or, something is blocked. If I recall, there isn't a return from the fuel rail. Correct?

No it has no return from the fuel rail. Where would a block be if its not the regulator. Oh I didnt have the tool for the clamp that came with the regulator so I baught a regular clap that has a flat head on it. That wouldnt have made a different would it

Mbjohnson
It shouldn have made any difference. The only thing I can think of is somehow the reguator is not able to return fuel back into the tank. As a result, the pressure builds.

I hate to say it, but I think the tank needs to come back out so you can inspect everthing. I just read through checks on Mitchel. If the pressure is too high, it says the regulator is bad. I hate to say it, but either it is bad, or something is causing it to not work.

Ok would it be stopped up in side the tank to the regulator or on the out side of tank between regulator to where the line hook up to

Mbjohnson
I would think in the tank, but check everything to make sure nothing is plugged.

So check the line in the tank that is hooked to the regulator, and the line on the out side of the tank leaving the regulator

Mbjohnson
Page 1 of 2