RADIO NO SOUND ON A TOWN&COUNTRY

2001 Chrysler Town and Country • 6 cylinder 2WD Automatic •

Ok professionals I have a 2001 chrysler town & country radio is on clock is on lighter works just no sound coming out has a infinity sound systems all channel stations work just no sound I want to just put a after market radio in. I have looked at all kinds of forum and searched for the same issues on it no one seems to have a working remark on this fuses are good or radio will not have power I wonder if there's a fuse relay for the amp and were is it located
Noalexi99

Radio and cd player are separate cd on the bottom beneath the coaster holder no remote for this stock infinity amp is underneath the passenger seat

Noalexi99
I posted to your reply in another post.

The radio model is p56038518al

Noalexi99
I'm the same person I just don't really know how to get back to my old post it says sign in to reply and it doesn't take me straight to it lol

Noalexi99
Here's a copy of my previous reply: The radio broke down a long time ago, but the problem will not show up until memory power is removed as in replacing the battery. If you have the cassette model 56038518 or the cd model that ends with "67", these are built by Chrysler with a microprocessor built by North American Philips, (NAP), the same people who build the really crappy Magnavox and Philips tvs. All microprocessors in all electronic equipment have a "reset" circuit that sets the millions of transistors to their starting point, (on or off), rather than letting them start from some jumbled random state. That reset circuit only operates for a few milliseconds when power is first applied. After that, it's job is done and it will not operate again until the next time the radio is unplugged, the battery is disconnected or run dead, or the interior lights fuse is replaced. That fuse is the memory circuit for the radio. Once the radio is up and running, that reset circuit can fail and you will never know it.

The most common problem is the three yellow leds in the tone controls blink about once per second and you hear a thump in the speakers at the same time. There is a list of about a dozen other things that go wrong, all related to the microprocessor. Some radios go dead for five seconds after moving the volume control. On some the sound will quit when you move a tone control and won't come back until you turn the radio off and back on. Sometimes the stations won't change when you try to tune to a new one. This mostly affects the radios with the three lighted tone controls but there are some models with two non-lighted tone controls that are also affected.

A lot of mechanics are falsely accused of damaging these radios because the problem shows up right after they performed any service that requires the battery to be disconnected.

There are two models built by Mitsubishi that are direct replacements and are real high quality. They look the same, mount the same, have the same lighted tone controls, and will run the same remote cd changer if you have one. The cassette model has one extra button for "scan". These radios weigh about three times more than the Chrysler-built models. They were only used for one year in only a few car models so they're kind of hard to find. They are in high demand by used car dealers to replace non-working radios in their cars. I have some of all three, the cassette model, cd model, and the combo units. I repair and sell these radios at the nation's second largest old car show in Wisconsin. The cassette model is real popular for replacing your model.

How can I fix it need sound

Noalexi99
What should I do now I can't afford a new player from the dealer can I just put a aftermarket player in with the adapter harness would it work

Noalexi99
The aftermarket radios won't run the cd changer. If you can't find the right radio at a local salvage yard I can sell you one for $60.00 including shipping. It will look the same except it will have one extra button for "scan" for the radio. Your radio will have "supplier number 07910" on the sticker which means the radio was built by Chrysler. The replacement will have supplier number 28046 and is built by Mitsubishi.

I just want to put a aftermarket cd player in it and forget about the stock cd changer would that work

Noalexi99
Page 1 of 2