INSTALLING NEW STEREO ON

1997 Chrysler Town and Country • 6 cylinder 2WD Automatic • 226 miles

Hello, I've just installed a new head unit into my 1997 Chrysler Town & Country. I bought the wire adaptor recommended for it (CR012) but the problem is that the only speakers working are the ones on the dash and the little tweeters on the back. The van has the infinity package with 8 speakers. The ones on the back side panels and the ones on both front doors do not have sound at all. If I use the balance and fader it does go to whatever I set it on the rest of the speakers. But just those speakers don't work at all. If I install the factory radio, they do work. Any Ideas? Thanks for the help!
Theo1250

The Infinity system uses either a remote-mounted amp or little amps on the speakers. They are strictly for tone conditioning for the shape of the vehicle. Infinity radios put out very little bass. It is made up with the amplifiers. You are going to have to turn the bass way down on your new radio or you are going to have to install cheaper speakers to make it sound right.

If you had the cd / cassette combo radio, those are real high quality units. They do have a few problems that once repaired are repaired for life. They are built by Mitsubishi.

You are just missing one wire to get your other speakers to work. That is the turn-on voltage that runs the relay to power the amplifiers. That will be in the gray plug. There's pink and red wires on one end of the plug. You want the one on the other end, probably a dark green / red. Your radio will have a switched power wire to run a power antenna, or in this case, the amp. That wire is usually blue. Connect those two wires together.

Thank you! Thank you very much! That fixed the problem and you were right about the bass, I did have to set it at 0 and it sounds great! Thanks again!

Theo1250