BRAKES

2001 Chevrolet Tracker • 4WD Automatic • 84,000 miles

I have a 2001 chevy tracker lt 4wd 2.5v6---when you press on the brake pedal to stop the brakes almost go to the floor they also feel a little spongy.I've had the brakes bled does no good 1 mech. Said the master cyclinder is bad another said the brake booster is bad can you shed some light on this?
Rbrown027

Usually with a bad brake booster you get a hard pedal not a soft pedal. So do you have drum or disc brake in the rear?

Disc brakes

Rbrown027
Alright if you had drum brakes I was going to tell you I would try adjusting up out of adjustment drum brakes can cause a low brake pedal. Can you pump the brake pedal up and make it hard?Do you have abs?Did you or a shop bleed the brakes?

Sorry I have drum brakes also I have ABS. When you pump the brakes you do get a better pedal.I have had the brakes bled twice they also looked for any leaks and didn't find any.

Rbrown027
You say you have rear drum brakes have you tried adjusting them up?If there out of adjustment it can cause a low pedal.