CAR HAS BEEN STALLING

2001 Buick Century • 6 cylinder FWD Automatic • 50,000 miles

2001 Buick Century mileage: 50,000. For a while my car has been stalling while I'm driving it. It can happen anytime, anywhere. I took it to my mechanic who tried to get a code but could not get anything. He thought it was an ignition module. He put one in the car and it was all right when I brought it home. However, the next morning it would not start very well. Got it started but then it stalled a couple of times that day while accelerating. When it stalled, it took about 5 minutes to get it going which it wasn't doing before I got it fixed. Took it back to the mechanic. This time he got a code for a crank sensor. He put one in and said to try the car. It still is doing the same thing. Therefore, what could this problem be because it is dangerous driving a car that stalls like that?
2CarPros-Archives

Your stalling problem may be cause by the fuel pump. Replacing it and the fuel filter should fix your problem.

2CarPros-Archives
Hey I dont know if you got the problem fixed or not but I have a 1987 delta 88. And thats what mine has been doing for a while when its cold it seems fine and doent stall as much but if its like above 45 going anywhere is very dangerous. I just took it to a shop and they said it was the Catalytic Converter. So try taking it to a shop and seeing if thats the case : ) hope I helped!

Kayleerae88