CREAKING NOISE ON QUATTRO 4.6

2001 Audi A6 • V8 AWD Automatic • 78,000 miles

I recently started hearing a creaking noise on my 2001 Audi A6 Quattro 4.2. It began very subtle at first, and it only occurred during right turns. It has been about two weeks and the noise has gotten worse, it is much louder and it happens when turning both ways. I thought at first it may be a tie rod, but my old car had that problem and the noise seemed to be a different clicking noise. This is a creaking, like a casket closing. And It seems to be coming almost directly under the steering wheel column, I can feel the vibration from the noise under my feet on the gas pedal. I would really like to figure out what this noise is before taking it to a mechanic.
Christhegr8

I know they make listening devices you can temp install on suspension other parts to try and isolate problem parts. Maybe 1 of the chain auto stores has this device or you can rig your own?

Fixitmr
I have that exact same problem on my audi a6 please keep me updated?

Christopherclarke