TOYOTA CAMRY SPARK PROBLEM

2000 Toyota Camry • 237,000 miles

Car turns over but wont start, I tried plugging a code finder up and nothing came up on the screen like it wasn't getting any power I have changed the plugs battery and alternator and tried starter fluid as well nothing seems to be working what's the problem?
Robertsimmons

I am willing to guess that you are not getting any fuel to the injectors. Possibly the fuel pump. Could be a spark issue as well.

Blaze45
Well I sprayed starter fluid into the hose that runs to the fuel injectors and the car did not start so I know the fuel pump is not the problem because if it was then the car would have started and I checked to see if the distributor was sending a spark to the plugs and it did but the spark plugs wasn't showing a spark so I changed the spark plugs still does the same thing turns over but wont crank and with a code finder the screen didnt come on so Im not getting power to the DLC so now what do I try?

Robertsimmons
You cannot spray starting fluid into the hose when trying to turn the car over and expect the car to start because there isn't enough pressure from the can of fluid to pressurize all 4 injectors. You can however un hook the supply line from the tank and have somebody turn the key to the on position and see if the fuel comes out of the hose under pressure.

If you are connecting the spark plug wires to an external spark plug and turning over the car and do not see any spark, that is probably your issue. Check the cap and rotor if it has a distributor.

Blaze45
This all started one day when the car ran for 30 seconds and then shut off after that all it will do is turn over it wont crank we changed the battery and the alternator and the spark plugs the distributor is putting out spark we checked that with a screwdriver very painful if not done correctly the only parts we haven't checked is the crankshaft position sensor, timing belt, and the fuel pump do you think any of these parts could be the problem?

Robertsimmons
It could be a number of things. I would start with the fuel pump, make sure that the timing belt hasn't broke and go from there.

Blaze45