SATURN SW2 CLICK PROBLEM

2000 Saturn SW2 • 104,000 miles

I have a 2000 Saturn SW2 manual tranny. When I start the car after its been off for a while, it makes random (i.E. No rhythm) clicking/(light metal on metal?) Sounds, and sound like its coming from the front of the passenger seat side area. This occurs in low gears and once the car has been running for about 10 mins. Or so, the sound goes away. The clicking occurs when I shift gears the most, and also a little bit when i'm not shifting too. Thanks so much for any help you can offer! I really appreciate it!

my friend thought it was the exhaust manifold, but when I brought it in to the muffler shop, they said that was fine, but I did need to repair a crack in the intermediate exhaust, which I did. But that didn't change anything. I don't have a mechanic yet who I know is reliable, so I'd love to maybe have some idea about what is wrong before I get charged by a shop to start figure out what is wrong. If its not serious and isn't causing damage/problems, then I'm not so worried about it. Thanks!
Brel

I'm going to ask our resident Saturn specialist to peek in.

Rivermikerat
Thank you SO SO much! I am an unemployed student studying to become a teacher, and I really appreciate the kind service you are providing for people like me who cant afford unlimited hours at the mechanic! I really appreciate your time!

Brel
Our pleasure. I messaged him. His name is Saturntech, strangely enough. He has beaucoup years of experience on Saturns. You should see a reply from him soon.

Rivermikerat
Have you checked the oil level yet to see if its low on oil?Low oil level will cause the lifters in the engine to click. Also there was issues with those lifters clicking and a retourqe needed to make them quieter. ALso if the car is idling in neutral if you rev the engine up does the clicking get faster?

Hi Thanks so much for your reply. I will check those things out. I think the oil level should be good since I've done an oil change after this started happening. It doesn't change when I rev the engine in neutral. Could it have anything to do with the clutch/transmission?
I'll check out the lifters and get them retourqed. Thanks again for your help.

Brel
I doubt it has anything to do with the transmission does the noise change any when you push the clutch in?