I NEED TO KNOW IF MY MOTOR IS SHOT

1997 Saturn SW2 • 170,000 miles

Well ive replaced throttle censor new fuel pump new spark plugs and wires and the half of the coil pak on cylinder 2. My car has been choking for awhile about a month ago my car slowly gets up to speed. Ive had the comp ran on it it said misfire on cylinder 2.I tookit to sears he said cylinder 2 is blown. Is my motor shot?Is there anything I can do to fix this?Oh yeah it has a bad exhaust smell. There isnt any smoke or oil leaking.
Jasminerenee

If the cylinder isn't firing, it can cause a bad odor. Also, a plugged catalytic converter can cause power loss. As far as the #2 cylinder, did he say it was low on compression? If so, you need to check compression two ways for me. Let me know if that is the issue so I can explaine what to do. REMEMBER, anything is repairable. It becomes a cost issue.

Just to add to this one you can rent a compression tester at auto zone if its low compression on just the number 2 cylinder its probably a burnt valve not seating correctly. Thats what I have usually found on those engines.

Saturntech. What do you think, broken ring or valve issue?

As I posted in my response I said probably a burnt valve.

I didn't even see that. Go figure