MY TENSENER PULL ON MY TIMING CHAIN WENT OUT I HAD A COMPRESSION TEST DONE AND MY CAR STILL WONT START I HAVE A LS2 DOES THAT MAEN MY VAVLES ARE BENT

2000 Saturn Other • 130,000 miles

I replaced the timing bent and pullyes and I had a compression test and my car still wont start

Ulloajose97

The LS2 has a timing belt not chain did you mean you replaced the belt?Did you use the upgrade kit that comes with the new style belt tenisor that relocates its at the top instead of the left side?The kit that you have to replace the rear timing cover?Also how did you time the engine correctly I takes a special tool kit for that did you get one of those?What were the compression readingd of each cylinder?Did the belt break or jump or were you just replacing it for maintance?

One of the tentioners went out and I do not get any compression readings from ach cylinder

Ulloajose97
I need answers to my questions to give answers iam there and have no back ground on the car of what you did or didnt do. Please reread my first response and answer all the questions I asked.

I got the hole timing belt kit and replaced it I set the timing marks just like it said on the paper that came with it I did not use a special tool and I put a compression gauge on each cyclinder and I didnt get no compression readings from each cyclinder

Ulloajose97
So the belt jumped or broke thats why you replaced it?You have 0psi compression on all the cylinders?That engine is a interfernce fit so if the belt jumped or broke you very well could have bent valves. When doing the timing belt you must have and use the timing belt special tool kit or the engine will not get timed correctly. They sell the specail tool kits on ebay you can get cheap one for about 100.

Yes one of the tentioners went out as we were driving and the car shut off as it was still rolling so I installed the timing belt kit and the motor sounded like if there was no compression so I did a compression check on each cyclinder and I didnt get any comperssion so that means im gona have to take the heads off and take them in to get done

Ulloajose97
There is only one tenisor on that timing belt the one that was on the left side. With the update kit the tenisor was moved to the top. If you have it based timed you should have compression so sounds like there is valve damage. When you do the repairs get the timing belt specail tool kit to properly time the engine.

Ok thank you very much what is that tool called

Ulloajose97