HOW OFTEN DO I HAVE TO CHANGE THE FUEL INJECTORS ON MY 1.8 AUTOMATIC YEAR DEC, , IT HAS DONE 66K MILES, IT RUNS FINE EXCEPT ON TICKOVER IT RUNS SLIGHTLY LUMPY BUT AT THE RIGHT TICKOVER REVS, JUST PASSED MOT RECENTLY RE THE EMISSIONS ETC.

2000 Rover 45 • 66,000 miles

My car has done 66,000 miles and has had cylinder head replacement, it was running slightly lumpy on tickover before head replacement and still does the same, it runs great apart from slightly lumpy tickover even though tickover revs are spot on, I wondered if it could be a faulty fuel injector.
Its a Rover 45 saloon 1.8 16v with steptronic gearbox registered Dec. 2000
Peteralarm

Tickover? Lol not in the u.S. Lol. Seriously try some choke cleaner spraysed on the throttle plate on both sides as well as the iac-idle air control valve hole. They get gummy and don't work right see if that fixes it first. Then check your fuel pressure. Normally injectors last quitea while. If it still does it then have the injectors have professional strength cleaner run through them. They have to run through the fuel rail and by pass the entire fuel system due to harm it can do to those pieces.