AC CLUTCH

2000 Mercury Marquis • 110,000 miles

My blower quit working because the know to turn the fan speed up and down quit working so I went to ford and they told me another one was 800 bucks because mine is digital so I just hooked up a toggle switch to it and it works just fine but my ac clutch dosnt work and it hasnt even before I did the toggle switch but is there a way I can hook it up to a toggle switch? Help I live in sc and its hot!
Kaiser speare

Do you have the correct High and Low pressures of the AC system-could be low on freon and its not kicking it, -start here

I have put it in there and still not working I've replaced it and it worked for about a year then quit so?

Kaiser speare
What is the AC pressures I need this information before I continue-When you engage the AC do you have power to the clutch?

No sir I click the ac power on and the clutch dose not ingage

Kaiser speare
Apply power to the AC clutch and see what happens-possible low pressure switch and AC relay

How do I apply power to it same way I did the fan?

Kaiser speare
Take it from the battery positive post straight to the clutch and see if it engages

I own a MErcury Sable and a Mercury Grand Marquis. My clutch on my A/C just went on my sable. If you dont replace it or set up a dummy pulley (or get a belt without a/c, it will burn your serpentine belt and it is unsafe. IF you go to a regular mechanicm, he should be able to get one from a junk yard and install it for 500-600 dollars

DJSpins