HOW TO REPLACE EXHAUST MANIFOLD GASKET? IS IT SOMETHING I CAN DO MY SELF.

2000 Lincoln LS

I'm starting to get loud hissing from the engine bay, my friend say my mufflers may be bad. And I'm starting to get fumes inside the car when the act is on and the car is sitting still.
Sanders442

Before you do naything, get it checked at a shop. Let them tell you where the leak is. Then you take a course of action.

Doing the manifold gaskets, no, I do not recomend you try this yourself.

I disagree with the other guy you can d.I.Y. You dont have to completly remove the entire manifold I dont think? If im rite you can loosen your manifold bolts hopefully get the old 1 out without mutch problem recommend using a putty knife to scrape it loose. Then I think the new 1 will slide strait down into place use some high temp silocone retiten & should be good to go? You will know when you look at your new gaskets if there notched out or not?

BILLYBOB
Thanks, I think cause my cat converters sit so low and I bottom out over bumps I think it could've knocked the headers loose. Any one think that's a possibility?

Sanders442
No, it wont lossen anything, but it could break something. You need to have this checked before you attempt anything.