I OWN A AND NOW IT IS HAVING SOME MAJOR WINDOW PROBLEMS. ALL OF THE WINDOWS WILL WORK FROM THE MASTER SWITCH(EXCEPT FOR THE PASSENGER ONE WHICH DOESN'T WORK AT ALL RIGHT NOW) BUT NOT FROM THE INDIVIDUAL SWITCHES. WHEN I BOUGHT THE CAR T

2000 Jeep Cherokee • 118,137 miles

Tried switching out the switches, slowly the windows would randomly work. Passenger door window completely stopped until it randomly decided to work today. Now the window is wide open and will not go up. Help : (
Spizzino

Sounds like motor failures. Check for power commands to the windows up and down. If they are present then you need to replace the motors.

I don't believe its the motor because the windows all work! Just from the drivers side switch. Sorry I'm trying to fix the question. It didn't fully post.

Spizzino
Ok, if it works from the drivers side only then you have wiring issues as you said you replaced switches.

Do you think it could possibly be a ground issue? Oh and im not sure it this helps but the speaker in the passenger side has completely quit too. The drivers side speaker is starting to quit. It will cut out if I roll the drivers window down all the way.

Spizzino
It re enforces my reply to a wiring issue. If it was a ground issue, then it would not work from the drivers master switch.

So do I have to get all new wires? My friends dad is gonna was gonna try re-grounding it. I apologize, I'm no car expert. : (

Spizzino
Oops *my friends dad was going to try re-grounding it*

Spizzino
No, you need a shop good with these types of electrical issues to find your problem and give you a bid.

Well my dad is a contractor through Chrysler. He maintains all this stuff. That's why I was wondering if you know what we need. He can fix it, but I wanted other opinions because i'm running out of ideas.

Spizzino
Any ideas on at least how to get the passenger window up? That is my main concern right now. I had one guy tell me a battery charger?

Spizzino