IDLE PROBLEM

2000 Hyundai Accent • 55,000 miles

My accent 2000 model gls having te following problem
After starting the rpm goes to 1000 and after about 5 min it come to 600. Some time when put ac then the idl speed contron make the sound and the the rpm keep at 600. Some time rpm is gtg up and down. Pls help
Rkradha

You may have a bad IAC ( idle air control) but try eliminating any vacuum leaks and cleaning the throttle body first. Remove the intake snorkel, have someone hold the throttle wide open for you and scrub the back side of the throttle plate and surrounding bore with an old tooth brush and some carb cleaner. Be sure to spray some into the small holes next to the throttle plate. That should help stabilize the idle. If it still has a problem, replace the IAC.

Wrenchtech
Thank you very much for the reply. Pls tell me where can I find the snorkel. Show a picture. Is it necessary to clean the throttle fixing place? Shall I take to the garage?

Rkradha
How much should be the temp meter should show after running for about 1 hour? Mine is showing half of the meter. One garage man told me it is getting over heated. Checked the radiator fan. It is working. Coolant not reducing or boiling.

Rkradha
I would have it checked by a qualified technician.

Wrenchtech