REPLACED CAM SYNCHRO, TRUCK TURNS OVER, WONT START, BACK FIRES THROUGH INTAKE

2000 Ford Ranger • 16,000 miles

I have a 2000 Ford Ranger with a 3.0 Flex Fuel engine, I recently replaced the cam synchro since it started squeaking and this is a known part to fail for these engines and now the truck backfires through the intake. I followed all the steps correctly that I found online and used the alignment too that came with the synchro. I'm not sure if I'm on the intake or exhaust stroke for tdc, or if it's something as simple as a bad relay. Any help is greatly appreciated.
Bub2782

Double check the firing order. Does your truck have one coil per cylinder or a coil pack? I would also double check that you where on number cylinder compression stroke (line up all the timing marks and make sure you on tdc with #1 Cyl.) And remove the sensor and do it again. It sounds like it is wrong and therefore the injectors are out of time.

Racefan966
It has a coil pack, is is possible that I'm on the exhaust stroke, also when my father and I replaced the part we didn't disconnect the battery could that also be part of the problem?

Bub2782
Well it is not exactly that you are the exhaust stroke though you may be it is when the enjectors are triggered to fire is how it works. So you may have the injectors firing on the exhaust rather then on compression stroke. Disconnecting the battery should have no affect on this part.

Racefan966