REPLACED CAM SYNCHRO, TRUCK TURNS OVER, WONT START, BACK FIRES THROUGH INTAKE

2000 Ford Ranger • 16,000 miles

I have a 2000 Ford Ranger with a 3.0 Flex Fuel engine, I recently replaced the cam synchro and now the truck backfires through the intake. I followed all the steps correctly that I found online and used the alignment too that came with the synchro. I'm not sure if I'm on the intake or exhaust stroke for tdc, or if it's something as simple as a bad relay. Any help is greatly appreciated.
Bub2782

Is this since you replaced it or after some time

Since the part has been replaced, after the synchro was replaced I tried to start the truck and it would turn over but it would start, it has good spark, fuel pressure is good, and it have good compression. Is it possible it jumped time, it's 180 off, or something stupid as a relay?

Bub2782
No, why did you replace the syncro assembly?

If it is not properly timed, it will cause this issue but it would be nice to know why you performed this repair

Look at the procedure

The part was replaced because it was squeaking and are known to fail in the 3.0. I just need to know if it's something stupid like I have the engine 180 off or if it's more major than that.

Bub2782